INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
Nauky avenue, 9-A, 61166, Kharkiv, Ukraine
KhNU of Economics, main building, fourth floor, room 405
Phone number: +38 (057) 702-11-90, 2-19 (interoffice)
Simon Kuznets Kharkiv national University of Economics is developing international relations and expanding cooperation with international foundations, associations, organizations and foreign universities. The University cooperates with academic exchange programs, among which are Fulbright in Ukraine (since 2002), UNFPA (2003), Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea (2008), the European University Association (since 2009), the Association of Francophone Universities (since 2009), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and development (since 2012), the International Institute of administrative Sciences and the International association of Schools and Institutes administration (2013) and others. In 2004 KhNUE joined Magna Charta Universitatum and began to actively implement educational standards common to those in force in the European cooperation.
University provides supporting of extensive international links with universities and foreign countries for the purpose of training, retraining and improvement of professional skills of experts, joint research activities, exchange of students and teachers, preparation of joint projects to participate in competitions for grants. Among the foreign universities the partners of KhNUE are universities from many countries, including: Austria, France, Russia, Belarus, China, Italy, Armenia, Germany, Poland, Canada, USA and others.
KhNUE has sufficient experience in coordinating joint programs for bachelors and masters, including:
- French-Ukrainian Master Programme MBA «Business Informatics» (University. Lumière Lyon 2, France);
- French-Ukrainian program of training Master’s Degree «Tourism. Cultural Heritage. Entertainment» ( University. Lumière Lyon 2, France);
- Austro-Ukrainian Master Programme «Master of Science in Engineering» and «Master of Business Administration» (Vienna University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria);
- Austro-Ukrainian MBA Master Programme «Technology of multimedia publications» (Vienna University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria);
- Austro-Ukrainian program for bachelors in «Business Administration» (Vienna University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria).
The main objective of the International Relations Department is to promote the principle of educational activities of KhNUE, namely the integration of the University into the European and world educational space. Business Division aims to enhance cooperation and collaboration with foreign universities and research institutions, as well as to create a positive image in foreign educational and scientific circles. The strategic objectives of international cooperation in KhNUE are:
- to improve international transparency of curricula and recognition of qualifications
- to promote the mobility of students, teachers and researchers,
- to obtain extrabudgetary funding from international funds, programs and initiatives operating in the field of education, and so on.
The Department is subject to vicerector on scientific and pedagogical work Ph.D., professor. Volodymyr Yegorovych Yermachenko.